To access and operate in Underground Laboratories, all Users must have a valid LNGS badge.
To obtain the LNGS badge all Users must attend and pass a mandatory course of information and formation about the Safety Management System and Enviromental Management System, in compliance with D.Lgs. 105/05, 2012/18/UE (Seveso III Directive).
The course is held by Prevention and Protection Service, the calendar for the registration is available at: http://spp.lngs.infn.it/course.php?page=1.
Access rules to Laboratori Nazionali del Gran Sasso (LNGS)
According to the type of visiting person, two forms are generally required to access LNGS.
External companies and temporary guests are not concerned by these access rules.
Temporary guests are those who occasionally enter LNGS - up to seven days - for visits, seminars, meetings... and shall not perform any activity where experimental apparatuses and/or any kind of equipment/instruments are involved.
Temporary guests shall hand a valid ID in to the guard service (passport required for non-EU citizens) and shall provide an LNGS referring person (employee or associate)
These rules concern:
- those who take part in experiments and research groups;
- guests who stay at the Lab more than seven days;
- personnel who, on whatever basis, will perform any kind of administrative, technical, technological and scientific activity.
For each new application, return these forms to the Director:
- clearance (nullaosta) on official Institute/University letterhead, with stamp and signature in original by the Director/legal representative of the user's Home Institute;
- access authorization filled and signed by both the applicant and the person in charge of her/his activity at LNGS
To extend access authorization (for those already authorized up to Dec. 31 of the previous year), the Director/legal representative of the Home Institute might submit to LNGS Director a list of people with any changes of activity. This list shall report the position of associate, fellowship holder, employee etc.
Required documents are submitted to LNGS Director at least 10 days before the applicant’s arrival.