The Laboratory Council is a consulting body which cooperates with the Directors of the National Laboratories.
The LNGS Laboratory Council is headed by the Director and includes:
- the local Coordinators of the scientific groups;
- the head of the Research Division;
- the head of the Technical Division;
- a Representative from the Research personnel;
- a Representative from the Technologist personnel;
- two Representatives from the Technical and Administrative personnel;
- the leader of the ''Gruppo Collegato dell'Aquila''